The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Studies
Dean’s Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Studies builds on the strengths of our associate degrees in fields such as English, history, liberal studies, psychology and sociology to create a curriculum that emphasizes a dynamic, flexible mindset that is essential in today’s world, a mindset that includes the power to think critically, to solve problems, to synthesize information and to make decisions. We believe this exceptional foundation and training of an “informed, ever-adaptable” mind is a resource that will serve students throughout the duration of their careers.
In this degree program, students will complete a major concentration in English, History, Psychology, or Sociology. Students will also have the option of completing a minor in another field of study. Plus, students are encouraged to receive practical training through an extensive internship. On every level, even within individual courses, the curriculum is interdisciplinary — drawing on multiple sources of information and perspectives for a nuanced understanding of the complexities of the world.
Through the course of study in the Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts and Studies, students will be provided the opportunity to learn how to:
- understand the major findings and ideas in their major concentration.
- demonstrate understanding of methods, skills, tools and systems used in their major concentration.
- recognize and demonstrate an understanding of the integrated issues and themes involving the broader connections between the various disciplines and their sources to further problem solving on a local or global level.
- be able to follow theoretical frameworks of several disciplines to bring abstractions and ideas to a logical end through diverse perspectives.
- understand and articulate the importance and influence of diversity within and among cultures and societies.
- communicate effectively, through written and oral communication and through other forms as appropriate.
Higher education is about building the mind. A job interview is about finding the sharpest, most adaptable mind. Dean’s Bachelor of Arts and Liberal Studies is about preparing you for success on both counts.
So, what can you do with a Liberal Arts and Studies degree from Dean? Anything, because you are prepared for a world that is constantly changing.
For more information about the courses you will take for this 4-year degree program, please click on the link below:
For more information about the Associate degree programs which lead to the B.A. in Liberal Arts and Studies, please click on the following links: English, History, Liberal Studies, Psychology, Sociology