Disability Support Services
Our disability support services (DSS) is committed to providing full access to its breadth of services and provides at no cost, reasonable accommodations and assistive technology to students with diagnosed physical, psychiatric or learning disabilities such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, executive functioning disorder, sensory processing and non-verbal learning issues.
Registration with the DSS Office is on a voluntary, self identifying basis. Students must provide documentation of the disability from an appropriate licensed professional. Once the required documentation has been provided, the student will meet with the DSS Coordinator to discuss reasonable accommodations.
For further questions, please contactEileen Bellemore, Disability Support Services Coordinator phone: 508-541-1768 fax: 508 541 1829 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information & Resources
Accommodations provided by the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) may include:
- Extended time for exams
- Distraction-reduced environment for exams
- Note taking assistance
- Readers and scribes for exams
- Use of computer, recorder or smart pen for in class not taking (approval from professor required)
- Copies of lecture notes and study guides for exams
- Accessible classroom locations
- Specialized Housing Accommodations
For detailed information, see the DSS Handbook.