Here are the Commencement policies and procedures.
To enhance security and facilitate the quick entrance of all guests for our Commencement Exercises, the Dean College Campus Safety Department has issued the following guidelines:
- Briefcases, large bags and wrapped gifts will not be allowed onto the Dean College Commencement grounds. Normal-sized handbags, backpacks, purses and camera bags will be allowed, but will be subject to inspection prior to entry. Those without bags may enter Dean College grounds in separate lines. These policies are consistent with security plans at colleges and universities throughout the region and are meant solely to expedite entry into our venues and provide security and comfort for those who will be in attendance. Additional campus safety personnel will also be on hand as a precaution.
Any item deemed inappropriate by Dean College Campus Safety and or Dean College Management will not be allowed onto the grounds of Dean College, including but not limited to:
- Large Bags
- Wrapped gifts
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kinds (including knives)
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Folding and/or standalone chairs
- Noisemakers, bullhorns or air horns
- Drones, unmanned aircraft
- Selfie sticks
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Dean College management
No prohibited items will be accepted at the entry points for safekeeping. Please leave all prohibited items secured in your vehicle.
Smoking is prohibited on the grounds of Dean College, the only permitted areas are inside of the designated smoking huts located throughout campus.