Here are the Commencement policies and procedures for May 7, 2022.
In recent days, Dean College has seen a slight increase in positive COVID-19 cases within our Community. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution and safety to protect yourself and others, we are requiring the use of a mask for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status while in any indoor space. This includes the School of Continuing Studies Graduating Students Reception, the Graduating Students Awards Ceremony, and the Commencement Reception for Graduating Students and Families.
To enhance security and facilitate the quick entrance of all guests for our Commencement Exercises, the Dean College Campus Safety Department has issued the following guidelines:
- The only bags permitted are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags (not to exceed 12"x 12" x 6"). All clear bags will be subject to inspection prior to entry. No other bags will be allowed onto the Dean College Commencement grounds.
- These policies are consistent with security plans at colleges and universities throughout the region and are meant to expedite entry into our venues and provide security and comfort for those who will be in attendance.
We are unable to accommodate pets during the Commencement Exercises.
Smoking is only permitted in the areas inside of the designated smoking huts located throughout campus. While in smoking area, all persons must maintain 6 feet social distancing.
Please continue to check back for updates through Commencement Day as we will continue to update our information, policies, and guidelines as additional information becomes available.
Any item deemed inappropriate by Dean College Campus Safety will not be allowed on the grounds of Dean College, including but not limited to:
- Large Bags
- Wrapped gifts
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kinds (including knives)
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Folding and/or standalone chairs
- Noisemakers, bullhorns or air horns
- Drones, unmanned aircraft
- Selfie sticks
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Dean College
No prohibited items will be accepted at the entry points for safekeeping. Please leave all prohibited items secured in your vehicle.
Smoking is prohibited on the grounds of Dean College, the only permitted areas are inside of the designated smoking huts located throughout campus.