Want to be a phonathon caller?
Learn About Phonathon
The Dean College Phonathon Center (Telefund) is one of the most exciting places to work on campus. This job will provide you with valuable marketing, sales, and public relations experience that will enhance your resume’ and increase your chances of landing a great job upon graduation.
Through Telefund, we personally contact thousands of Dean alumni, friends and parents of current and former students each year. Our purpose is twofold. First, we want to build and strengthen the relationship between these constituencies and our College. Second, we talk to them about the importance of supporting Dean financially so that the College can continue to offer The Dean Difference to all students.
Telefund employee expectations and requirements:
- You must have a deep respect and appreciation for Dean College - you will be an ambassador.
- You must be enthusiastic and reliable.
- You must have strong communication skills and polite phone manners.
- You must be able to ask people for money with confidence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leave all constituents with a positive impression about Dean
- Handle each phone call with courtesy, tact and sensitivity
- Update alumni and parent details accordingly and with accuracy
- Help all constituents understand the goals of the Dean Fund
- Answer questions to the best of his/her ability
- Work to achieve daily, weekly and monthly Annual Fund goals
- Develop techniques to help deal with objections and improve the structure and style of your calls
Phonathon runs in the fall and spring