The Dean College Mission calls upon us, once again, to reunite our entire community on campus for the Fall 2021 Semester as a residential, teaching and learning community to deliver the holistic collegiate experience that distinguishes our baccalaureate and associate degree preparation. While there are always some academic course offerings available online, there will not be an option for students to be fully virtual.
We look forward to welcoming our students back for a vibrant in-person living and learning experience with in-person academic course delivery and academic support, over 40 clubs and organizations, evening and weekend social programming, resident and commuter programs, theatre and dance performances, leadership development opportunities, community service, and career readiness events.
Dean College will be returning to a full schedule of athletic practice and athletic competition for Fall 2021 and beyond. Fall student-athletes will return to campus in mid-August for pre-season training. Further details on scheduling will be provided soon.
As always, the health and safety of our Community is our top priority, and we will structure our plans for the 2021-22 academic year accordingly.
For the health and safety of the entire Dean Community, Dean College will require all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of the Fall 2021 Semester. All students must be fully vaccinated prior to their return to campus. To be fully vaccinated, students must have received all required vaccine doses (two doses of Moderna or Pfizer, or one single dose of Johnson & Johnson) before July 26, 2021. Medical or religious exceptions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Please note that we will need full-time* students to acknowledge their vaccination by completing the two steps below by July 26, 2021:
- Upload proof of the vaccination (i.e. picture of your vaccination card) to the Student Health Portal. This can be done in the section for immunizations. If you need assistance, please reach out to Health Services at email@example.com.
- Upload the picture of your vaccination card to CoVerified. You can do this by selecting the ‘Report’ icon followed by ‘Upload Vaccine Record’. Then simply follow the prompts and information.
*Part-time students attending through the School of Continuing Studies, please upload your information by following step two.
- New Student Orientation (all new students WILL SELECT ONE virtual or in-person DATE)
To learn more and register for New Student Orientation, visit: www.dean.edu/nso
- Key Fall Dates
- September 2, 2021 New International Student Arrival
- September 3, 2021 International Student Orientation begins; NEW Arch Students arrive for Check-In; Arch Orientation begins
- September 5, 2021 New Student Arrival
- September 5-7, 2021 Bulldog Beginnings (new students only)
- September 6-7, 2021 Returning Student Arrival
- September 8, 2021 Fall Semester Classes Begin
- September 20, 2021 President’s Cup Golf Tournament
- September 25, 2021 Homecoming for Alumni and Families