The Dean College Mission calls upon us, once again, to reunite our entire community on campus for the Fall 2021 Semester as a residential, teaching and learning community to deliver the holistic collegiate experience that distinguishes our baccalaureate and associate degree preparation. While there are always some academic course offerings available online, there will not be an option for students to be fully virtual.
We look forward to welcoming our students back for a vibrant in-person living and learning experience with in-person academic course delivery and academic support, over 40 clubs and organizations, evening and weekend social programming, resident and commuter programs, theatre and dance performances, leadership development opportunities, community service, and career readiness events.
Dean College will be returning to a full schedule of athletic practice and athletic competition for Fall 2021 and beyond. Fall student-athletes will return to campus in mid-August for pre-season training. Further details on scheduling will be provided soon.
As always, the health and safety of our Community is our top priority, and we will structure our plans for the 2021-22 academic year accordingly.
As of today, the College and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have not yet made the decision to mandate vaccinations, with religious or medical exceptions, for the members of our Community. While there is no mandate currently, there may be one for Fall 2021. Therefore, we strongly encourage students, staff, and faculty members to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine. We hope that a significant number of our Community members will have been vaccinated by the Fall 2021 Semester, thus greatly reducing the risk of infection for all.
- New Student Orientation (all new students WILL SELECT ONE virtual or in-person DATE)
- June 21-22, 2021 NSO #1 (virtual)
- June 23-24, 2021 NSO #2 (virtual)
- June 25, 2021 NSO #3 (in-person)
- July 8, 2021 NSO #4 (in-person)
- July 9, 2021 NSO #5 (in-person)
- Key Fall Dates
- September 3, 2021 New Arch and International Student Arrival
- September 5, 2021 New Student Arrival
- September 5-7, 2021 Bulldog Beginnings Orientation and Transitions Program (new students only)
- September 6-7, 2021 Returning Student Arrival
- September 8, 2021 Fall Semester Classes Begin
- September 20, 2021 President’s Cup Golf Tournament
- September 25, 2021 Homecoming for Alumni and Families