As always, the health and safety of our community is paramount, and we continue to structure our policies and guidelines accordingly.
Dean College requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 prior to their return to campus for the Spring 2022 Semester.
Please note that all students need to acknowledge their vaccination and booster by completing the following:
- Full Time Day Students- Upload proof of your vaccination and booster (picture of your vaccination card with booster information) to the Student Health Portal in the section for immunizations. If you need assistance, please reach out to Health Services at email@example.com.
- School of Continuing Studies- Upload proof of your vaccination and booster (picture of your vaccination card with booster information) to the CoVerified Campus App as follows:
Both Android and iPhone users need to be using version 2.4 or greater of the CoVerified App prior to uploading your booster or vaccine card.
- iPhone – Users can download the most recent version from the App Store. During this process, you may be asked to restart your phone.
- ANDROID – Currently, the CoVerified App is unavailable in the Google Store. CoVerified has submitted all the requested paperwork and expects re-activation to the CoVerified App in the Google Play store at some point. For the interim, users should use this link to download the most recent version: https://www.coverified.us/temp. Open the link on your phone and it will download and install. During this process, you may be asked to restart your phone. You may also be prompted to change your security settings to allow the install.
- Once you have the current version on your phone, open the CoVerified App and select the plus sign “+” at the bottom of the screen. Then select “Upload Vaccine Record” on the vaccination record screen. Under the drop-down labeled “Vaccination Type,” select “COVID-19 Vaccine” (it will be the only choice available). Once you do that, a new field will appear labeled “Manufacturer/Booster.” Make your selection from the list, if this is a booster select booster that is at the bottom of the drop-down list. Then select “Attach a file” to submit a photo of your vaccine card (updated for your booster). Once you have completed all the fields, select “Confirm” to complete the process.
If you have any technical questions or issues, please contact the Technology Service Center at 508-541-1633 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Testing Procedures for Students Upon Arrival
- Upon arrival, all residential and commuter students will take a PCR COVID-19 test. Students that have recently uploaded a positive COVID-19 PCR result may be instructed to wait for a period of time before testing on campus.
- In addition, any student with an approved vaccine exemption must also take a rapid test upon arrival and await results prior to checking in.
- Ongoing Testing
- Every student, faculty, and staff member will be tested weekly for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated individuals must test 1x per week. Any individuals with an approved vaccine exemption, as well as student-athletes, must test 2x per week. Students, faculty, and staff will complete a daily symptom check and schedule their COVID-19 tests during the semester via the CoVerified Campus App noted above. Students will also be required to show their “Cleared” screen on CoVerified Campus App to their instructors upon entering the classroom and also upon entering the Smith Dining Center.
- Face Masks
- Dean is requiring the use of a mask for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status while in any indoor space. Masks may be removed only while eating in the Smith Dining Center or while in your residence hall room. Any student with an approved exemption must also wear a mask while outdoors on campus.
- Any student-athlete with an approved exemption must wear a mask at all times, including during all athletic-related activities, such as training, practice, and competitions.
- Classroom Etiquette
- Students will need to display their CoVerified Campus App "Cleared" (green) screen to the instructor when entering a classroom.
- Face masks will be required at all times in the classroom.
- As always, no food or drinks may be consumed in the classroom.
- Student Guest Policy
- Students will be permitted to visit each other’s residence halls during the Spring 2022 Semester in accordance with the Guest Policy in the Dean College Residence Agreement.
- No outside guests will be allowed inside residence halls at any time regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine
- Students will follow the College’s policy on COVID-19 isolation and quarantine.
If you have any questions regarding the Spring 2022 Semester Student Guidelines, please contact the Dean of Students at email@example.com or 508-541-1552.