Veterans Benefits

  • Thank You

    First and foremost, Dean College would like to thank you and your family for the service provided to protect our country's freedoms.

    Dean College certifies all VA educational benefit chapters and participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

    Educational Benefits

    Eligible Students must first apply for their educational benefits by submitting an application with the Veterans Administration. It is strongly advised to apply online at as processing tends to be quicker by this method, however, you may be complete the PDF application. If you have more specific questions, please contact our office at 508-541-1518 or the Veteran’s Administration at 800-827-1000 for further assistance. A Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you 4-6 weeks after submitting the application and should then be sent to the Veteran’s Certifying Official in our office for review. Parents may be able to transfer their benefits to a spouse, one or more children, or a combination of spouse and child.

    Yellow Ribbon Program

    Dean College is also a proud participant in the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program. Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements under the Post-9/11 GI Bill) or their designated transferees may receive funding under the Yellow Ribbon program. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for the program. While Dean College does participate in this program, there is a maximum number of individuals to whom the school is able to award funding under this program each year. 

    Therefore, you may be eligible if:

    • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
    • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001; and/or
    • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service meeting the criteria listed above.

    More information on educational benefits may be obtained on the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs official website:

Take the next Step