The Dean College Forensics Pre-College Program will take place July 8–19, 2019.
About the Forensics Program
Can you really catch a criminal in 24 hours?
The Forensics Pre-College Program will challenge the methods and assumptions presented in crime and hospital shows from an objective and systematic scientific perspective. In order to form an educated opinion on the validity of the science presented in these shows, students must build a solid foundation in medical biology and forensics.
Lab experiments will provide students with hands-on experience using forensic techniques. This fun and interesting program will include lectures, labs, guest speakers and tours to provide a well-rounded perspective on the world of Forensics. Don’t miss out!
- Tour the Franklin Police Station
- Guest lectures from professionals in the fields of science, law enforcement and academics
Students will participate in six unique labs:
- Forensic Entomology: determine the time of death by insect development
- Trace Evidence Analysis: hair, fiber, glass, pollen
- Forensic Pathology: analysis of stomach contents
- Forensic Serology: presumptive blood tests, blood typing
- Blood Spatter: (yes “spatter” and not “splatter”) analysis
Housing and Activities
For those students looking to stay overnight, housing will be provided by Dean College with night and weekend activities included with your room and board, such as:
- Patriot Training Camp (Schedule permitting)
- Pawtucket Red Sox game (Schedule permitting)
- New England Revolution game (Schedule permitting)
- Miniature golf
- Patriot Place
- Free-time on-campus with options including:
- Flat screen television
- Movie nights
- Workout at Kokes ’64 Fitness Center
- Pickup basketball or soccer games
- All-you-can-eat ice cream
Pricing for the Forensics Summer Program:
- $1,950 Overnight*
- $1,250 Day-Only* (Includes lunch and travel with activity fee)
*Additional activity fees not included in this price.