The Dean College Children's Center: An Innovative and Inspiring Environment for Children
Health and Safety Protocols
The Dean College Children’s Center is open for the spring of 2022. View the Children's Center calendar.
The Dean College Children's Center mission has always been to provide the best quality care and education for young children and their families. Our curriculum reflects current research in child development and education.
We look forward to continuing this tradition in the spring of 2022 with the following Covid-19 safety measures in place:
- Daily health attestation and screening check-ins are required for all parents, children, and staff.
- Mask wearing and regular hand washing are required for all adults. Masks are encouraged for children over age 2.
- Smaller group sizes to allow increased square footage per child.
- Individualized materials whenever possible.
- Meeting/exceeding all cleaning and sanitation guidelines set by the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
- Careful planning and staffing to provide as much continuity with transitions as possible.
For more information or to schedule an individualized tour, please contact Joanne Hogan, director of the Children’s Center, at 508-541-1598.
About The Children's Center
The Dean College Children’s Center is a fully accredited on-campus early childhood program for area preschoolers, ages 2 years 9 months old through 6 years old. The program is designed to encourage maximum development of a child’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth. Teachers have at least a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a related field and have extensive experience teaching young children.
All staff have earned Department of Early Education and Care Preschool Teacher qualification and some have attained the highest preschool teaching credentials offered by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, including Preschool Lead Teacher and Director.
Schedule a Visit
You can schedule a visit to see the program, obtain more information, or request an application, by calling us at 508-541-1598.
There is no deadline to enroll your child in our program. Click here to apply today!
Children's Center Mission
- To provide children 2 years 9 months old to 6 years old an initial school experience that reflects current research in child development and early childhood education.
- To provide a practicum site for Dean students preparing for careers in child care, education and other fields.
- To provide demonstration teaching, resources and support for families and area child care providers.
Hours and Staffing Costs
Review the below table to learn more about the Children's Center hours and staffing costs.
|Days||Hours||Days||Cost (per academic year)|
|2-Day Mornings||8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Tues/Thurs||$2,500|
|3-Day Mornings||8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Mon/Wed/Fri||$3,800|
|5-Day Afternoons||12:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.||Mon-Fri||$4,800|
|5-Day Mornings||8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Mon-Fri||$6,300|
|5-Day Full Days||8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.||Mon-Fri||$8,900|