Billing and Payments
Spring 2023 E-Bill Information
- E-Bills will be available online through our Student Account Portal the first week in December.
- To access the portal, the student logs on to today.dean.edu with their Dean credentials. They then click on Online Billing and Payments under Essential Links.
- Once the student has logged in they can add any parent/guardian/contact as an authorized party. Once added, the authorized party will receive an e-mail with registration instructions.
- Students will be charged up to a $500 late fee if their balance is not paid in full by the due date of January 4th. In order to avoid a late fee, all loans must be complete with promissory notes signed, payment plans must be active and current, and financial aid finalized.
We provide several different methods to pay your student account balance:
- Online Payments: AmEx, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, E-Check, and E-Savings online payments can be made by logging on to the student portal and selecting Make a Payment.
- Loan Options: Families may elect to finance their student’s education. While we do not recommend any specific lenders, you may view private loan options on: elmselect.com and Federal Parent PLUS Loan information on: studentaid.gov.
- Mailing Payments: Bank, personal, and 529 plan checks can be mailed to: Dean College, Attn: Student Accounts, 99 Main Street, Franklin, MA 02038. Please include the Dean student ID number when mailing in payments.
- Payment Plans: Families may elect to divide the cost of the entire year into installments using the Nelnet payment plan. For a $40 enrollment fee, payments can be made on a 5-month or 4-month interest-free payment plan for each semester. For information on how to enroll, please contact Nelnet via phone at 800-609-8056 during their hours of operation (Monday – Friday from 8 am-10 pm EST and Saturday from 9 am-3 pm EST) or visit their website: https://mycollegepaymentplan.com/dean
- Payments via Phone: Payments can be made via phone by calling Nelnet Campus Commerce at 800-609-8056; Monday-Friday from 8 am-10 pm EST and Saturday from 9 am-3 pm EST.
- Wire transfers: Please click here for wire instructions.
The State of Massachusetts requires all students to be covered by health insurance. All incoming students will be charged $1,422.61 for health insurance on their Spring 2023 term bill. Students who enroll in the school’s health insurance plan in the Spring term will be insured from January 1, 2023 to July 31, 2023.
Students are required to enroll or waive out of the school’s health insurance yearly on https://www2.academichealthplans.com/school/309.html.
After submitting the waiver, please print a confirmation page for your records. Additionally, you may deduct the health insurance charge from the bill once the health insurance waiver is approved. This charge cannot be waived for international students.