The Dean College Sport Management Pre-College Program will take place July 8 - 19, 2019.
About the Sport Management Program
The Sport Management Pre-College Program at Dean College provides an amazing opportunity for hands-on learning and classroom instruction. Students will learn the components and nuances of delivering sports and entertainment to consumers while earning college credit. From communications and ticket sales to security, concessions and event planning, this program will teach you how to deliver the perfect fan experience for any sporting event.
Instructed by Dr. Ernie May, this course will include:
- Site visits and behind the scenes access to:
- New England Patriots
- Gillette Stadium
- McCoy Stadium
- Guest lectures from today’s sports leaders
- Esports gaming sessions
- Earn college credit for successful completion of course
- Conduct live radio broadcasts and interviews on Power 88.3
- Learn to deliver client sales pitches
- Capstone project where you will serve as the owner of a professional sports franchise and make strategic and operational decisions to drive attendance and improve fan satisfaction.
Housing and Activities
For those students looking to stay overnight, housing will be provided by Dean College with night and weekend activities included with your room and board, such as:
- Patriot Training Camp (Schedule permitting)
- Pawtucket Red Sox game (Schedule permitting)
- New England Revolution game (Schedule permitting)
- Miniature golf
- Patriot Place
- Free-time on-campus with options including:
- Flat screen television
- Movie nights
- Workout at Kokes ’64 Fitness Center
- Pickup basketball or soccer games
- All you can eat ice cream
Pricing for the Sport Management program:
- $1,950 Overnight*
- $1,250 Day-Only* (Includes lunch and travel with activity fee)
*Additional activity fee not included in this price.