About the Forensics Pre-College Program
Can you really catch a criminal in 24 hours? The Forensics Pre-College Program at Dean College will challenge the methods and assumptions presented in crime and hospital shows from an objective and systematic scientific perspective. In order to form an educated opinion on the validity of the science presented in these shows, students must build a solid foundation in medical biology and forensics. Lab experiments will provide students with hands-on experience using forensic techniques. This fun and interesting program will include lectures, labs, guest speakers and tours to provide a well-rounded perspective on the world of Forensics.
Program information coming soon!
Watch the video highlights below from the Summer 2022 Forensics Pre-College Summer Program at Dean College.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM PREVIOUS YEAR
Watch the videos below from previous years to learn more about what to expect during your week-long summer pre-college program session.
Highlights of the program include:
- Touring the Franklin Police Station
- Guest lectures from professionals in the fields of science, law enforcement and academics
- Participation in unique lab experiments
- Forensic Entomology: determine the time of death by insect development
- Trace Evidence Analysis: hair, fiber, glass, pollen
- Forensic Pathology: analysis of stomach contents
- Forensic Serology: presumptive blood tests, blood typing
- Blood Spatter: (yes “spatter” and not “splatter”) analysis
Housing and Activities
Housing provided by Dean College with night and weekend activities included with your room and board, such as:
- Patriot Place
- Free-time on-campus with options including:
- Flat screen television
- Movie nights
- Workout at Kokes ’64 Fitness Center
- Pickup basketball or soccer games
- All-you-can-eat ice cream
We're here to answer your questions. Call us at 508-541-1624.