Thank you for your interest in Dean College. We look forward to helping you become a part of the Dean community.
Ready To Apply?
At Dean, we define transfer students as anyone who has attempted college-level coursework after high school. Please explore our transfer options to complete your application for admission.
- Review the Dean Transfer Guarantee to see if you qualify for a streamlined application and guaranteed admission to Dean College.
- Visit the our Dean College Application Page for all the details.
- For The Common Application, if you have already created an account, simply add us to your list. For the Dean College application, click on the appropriate online application for you (i.e. freshman or transfer).
After you have submitted your application, your credentials (transcripts, test scores — optional, recommendations — optional) can be submitted online through your guidance office, by email to email@example.com, by fax to 508-541-8726 or by mail to the Office of Admission, 99 Main Street, Franklin, MA 02038.
In addition to your application for admission please review and submit the following:
- Official College Transcript from each college or university attended. This is for review purposes and credit evaluation.
- Transfer Student Status Report from each college or university attended. The Dean of Students or equivalent should complete this form on your behalf.
- High School Transcript or results from the GED or HiSET
- SAT/ACT Test Scores (Not Required) – As a transfer applicant test scores are not required for admission.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Optional) - One letter of recommendation from a college instructor who has taught you in an academic subject, such as English, mathematics, science, or social studies is helpful in the admissions process.
- Personal Statement or Essay (Optional) - Both applications include the opportunity for a brief personal statement (essay) but you are welcome to submit it as a separate document. A writing sample on a topic of your choice can help us learn more about your background and goals.
During the review process, our counselors consider your potential as part of the Dean community. Optional materials like your essay, letters of recommendation, and test scores add to our understanding of who you are. These materials are not required, but they do give us more information to consider your fit at Dean College.
*The admissions office reserves the right to request additional information to assist with your application review.*
Program Specific Requirements
- Dance and Theatre Applicants - Candidates for Dance or Theatre are required to audition and submit a photo and performance resume.
- Arch Program Applicants - Candidates for the Arch Program can find additional requirements, including details on scheduling an interview for the program, here.
Students who have previously applied to Dean College, but did not enroll, should not reapply. Please complete our Reactivation Form. After receipt, the admissions staff will contact you regarding specific application requirements.
Students who were previously enrolled at Dean College and are looking to re-enroll, should not reapply. Please contact the Registrar's Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfer Students
International applicants must submit additional documents to complete their application. Please review the international application process for information about visas, passports, and documentation of finances.
Transfer students who completed college or university courses outside the U.S. must have their transcripts translated in English and credits evaluated by a recognized agency such as World Education Services, the Center for Educational Documentation, or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
- November 1: Early Action Priority Deadline (Non-Binding and Receive Decision Mid-December)
- December 1: Early Action Deadline (Non-Binding and Receive Decision Mid-January)
- March 15: Priority Admissions Deadline
- Rolling Admissions after March 15
- December 1: Priority Admissions Deadline
- Rolling Admissions after December 1st
Dean College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College. Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, nation and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other College-administered programs.
Dean College is committed to providing a high quality education at an affordable value. To be considered for maximum financial aid opportunities, students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Do you have questions regarding the application process? The Dean College admissions team is here to help! Contact us using the information below.