Dean College looks forward to welcoming students back to the Fall 2021 Semester as a vibrant living and learning environment. As always, the health and safety of our community is paramount, and we continue to structure our policies and guidelines accordingly.
Dean College requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their return to campus for the Fall 2021 Semester.
Please note that all students need to acknowledge their vaccination by completing the two steps listed below:
- Upload proof of your vaccination (picture of your vaccination card) to the Student Health Portal in the section for immunizations. If you need assistance, please reach out to Health Services at email@example.com.
- Upload proof of your vaccination (picture of your vaccination card) to the CoVerified Campus App as follows:
- Download the CoVerified Campus App from the App Store on your mobile device.
- The CoVerified Campus App has single sign-on capabilities. You will need to use your current Dean College credentials to sign in. If you experience technical difficulties with this process, please reach out to our Technology Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your screen says "Remote" you may need to select the "Return" button to allow you to continue with the uploading process.
- Once you have signed into the app you will see a "Report" icon at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on the icon will provide a list of choices that includes "Upload Vaccine Record." Selecting that option will give you the ability to enter your date of vaccination as well as a picture of the vaccine card or accompanying documentation you received regarding your vaccination.
- Please upload this information ONLY after you have received your second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Once you have uploaded your documentation we will approve or deny your submission based upon the information submitted. Once you have been approved, your CoVerified Campus App status screen will display a “Show Badges” link. Press that link and your COVID-19 vaccination status and date of completion will appear on the screen identifying your vaccination status.
On-Campus COVID-19 Protocols
- Testing Procedures for Students Upon Arrival
- Upon arrival all residential and commuter students will take a PCR COVID-19 test.
- In addition, any student with an approved vaccine exemption must also take a rapid test upon arrival and await results prior to checking in.
- Ongoing Testing
- Every student, faculty, and staff member will be tested weekly for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated individuals must test 1x per week. Any individuals with an approved vaccine exemption, as well as student-athletes, must test 2x per week. Students, faculty, and staff will complete a daily symptom check and schedule their COVID-19 tests during the semester via the CoVerified Campus App noted above. Students will also be required to show their “Cleared” screen on CoVerified Campus App to their instructors upon entering the classroom and also upon entering the Smith Dining Center.
- Face Masks
- Dean is requiring the use of a mask for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status while in any indoor space. Masks may be removed only while eating in the Smith Dining Center or while in your residence hall room. Any student with an approved exemption must also wear a mask while outdoors on campus.
- Any student-athlete with an approved exemption must wear a mask at all times, including during all athletic-related activities, such as training, practice, and competitions.
- Classroom Etiquette
- Students will need to display their CoVerified Campus App "Cleared" (green) screen to the instructor when entering a classroom.
- Face masks will be required at all times in the classroom.
- As always, no food or drinks may be consumed in the classroom.
- Student Guest Policy
- Students will be permitted to visit each other’s residence halls during the Fall 2021 Semester in accordance with the Guest Policy in the Dean College Residence Agreement.
- No outside guests will be allowed inside residence halls at any time regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine
- Students will follow the College’s policy on COVID-19 isolation and quarantine.
If you have any questions regarding the Fall 2021 Semester Student Guidelines, please contact the Dean of Students at email@example.com or 508-541-1552.