As we near our first Discover Dean Day of the fall semester (Saturday, October 19th!), it’s time to start thinking about how to make the most out of your visit. Here are 7 tips to enhance your trip:
- Don’t Skip the Tour. You may be tempted to wander off but do make sure to take a guided tour. Most tours at Dean College are led by a student ambassador! Hearing from a current student or staff member is the best way to get the most comprehensive feel for a campus. Go solo to explore a bit after you know your way around.
- Review parking options before leaving your home. Don’t stress over parking! Check the Dean College campus map beforehand and know exactly where you are going before you leave your home. For Dean’s upcoming Discover Dean Day, you will be heading to the main entrance/parking (see number 25 on the map) or the Dean Hall Parking Lot (number 12). If you can’t make Discover Dean Day, there will be a visitor’s parking spot waiting for you in the main entrance lot (25) when you come for your scheduled tour on a later date.
- Attend an athletic game. Check out the Dean College athletics schedule and see if you can catch a game while you are visiting campus. Dean has some amazing DIII teams and is proud to announce that for the 2020-2021 season we will be part of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC).
- Get Cultured. Are you interested in theatre or dance? Check to see if any performances are happening when you visit campus. At Dean, we have a full schedule of dance and theatre performances. The first fall theatre performance of the year, Radium Girls, will perform on Discover Dean Day!
- Check the weather. In New England you never know what weather you may encounter. Throw an extra layer of clothing in the car, as well as an umbrella. Let’s hope the snow boots aren’t needed…yet!
- Bring your appetite! Explore your dining options on- and off-campus. At Dean students have unlimited access to the Smith Dining Center. Dean also has Boomer’s and the Bulldog Beanery on-campus. Off-campus, there are plenty of options right in downtown Franklin. Some locations even take Boomer’s Bucks (our campus meal plan currency).
- Take a stroll downtown. Learn about what’s around the campus. Dean College is located right in downtown Franklin, MA. Get a few more steps in by checking out the center of town during your visit.
Don’t forget to reserve your space for one of Dean’s upcoming Discover Dean Day open houses, taking place on Saturday, October 19 and Monday, November 11.