With the Dean College train stop right in the heart of Franklin, getting to Boston is literally just steps away! Hop on the MBTA and take in the city life. Here are five destinations worth the trip:
- Boston Duck Tours – A great way to get a tour of the city AND a boat ride is the Boston Duck Tours! The “duck” is really a W.W.I.I. style amphibious land vehicle. You will get a road tour of the landmarks of Boston and then splash into the Charles River for some amazing views.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum – Looking to immerse yourself in a famous moment in Boston history? You can learn about and reenact the Boston Tea Party aboard a tea merchant vessel. The Boston Tea Party Museum also features a multi-sensory film that depicts the events that lead up to the American Revolution.
- Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) Boston – Boston is home to one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world! MFA Boston was founded in 1870 and today holds approximately 500,000 pieces of art. You can find pieces from ancient Egypt through contemporary and there are constantly changing special exhibits. The MFA also hosts First Friday’s social events every month.
- Fenway Park – Take a tour of the famous ballpark or take in a Red Sox game at Fenway Park! “America’s Most Beloved Ballpark” also hosts a variety of events like concerts, international soccer matches, and Irish hurling. Tours are available year-round.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace – Faneuil Hall Marketplace was built in 1742 as a central marketplace. It quickly became a meeting place and a popular spot for orators. Wander the cobblestone streets today for food, shopping, and entertainment.
Dean College is located just 5 minutes away from the MBTA Commuter Rail. Our students can also enjoy transportation to local shopping plazas, restaurants, movie theaters and more. Learn more about student transportation.