Are you new to the Franklin area and looking for some ideas for plans with your classmates? Here are a few suggestions on how you can make the most out of your time in Franklin.
- Franklin Historical Museum. Looking to learn more about your new town? Stop by the Franklin Historical Museum, conveniently located right down the street from Horne Hall. You may even learn something new about Dean! Their exhibits routinely change, so there’s always something new to see. For hours and guest speakers, follow their Facebook page.
- Downtown Dining. Great food is just a few steps away! Franklin has a wide variety of food options, and many are walkable. A few sit-down options to check out are:
- Acapulcos – Mexican
- The Rome – Italian
- Teddy Gallagher’s – Irish/American
- Intermission – Café
- Bamboo House – Chinese
- Maguro House – Japanese
- Franklin Farmer’s Market. You never know what gems you’ll find at the farmers market. Fresh fruits and veggies, alpaca wool products (and friendly alpacas), locally made wine, cooking/seasoning oils, crafts, and much more! It runs Fridays June through October on the Franklin Town Common.
- Franklin Village Plaza. This is the main shopping plaza in Franklin, and you can take the Dean shuttle right to it! The plaza includes Stop and Shop, Chipotle, Marshalls, British Beer Co., FroyoWorld, Bath & Body Works, Olympia Sports, Game Stop…the list goes on!
- The Black Box. In addition to featuring a number of FSPA (Franklin School for the Performing Arts) and FPAC (Franklin Performing Arts Company) performances, The Black Box regularly has concerts!
Whatever you are looking to do, chances are you’ll find it right in Franklin! Learn more about the Local Community.