Providence, RI is a great place to spend the day and it’s just under 30 miles from Dean College. Spend the day exploring the city and discover your favorite new spots, right around the corner. Read on for five things to do in Providence, RI.
- Providence Performing Arts Center. The Providence Performing Arts Center (PPAC), is the go-to spot in the city to see your favorite shows. Enjoy a night out at the theatre seeing a musical, your favorite comedian or artist!
- Waterfire. Waterfire is a must when you are visiting Providence! Walk along the riverfront and watch as over eighty braziers on the Woonasquatucket river in Downtown Providence light up the night. Listen to live music, enjoy yummy food and embrace the nice weather. This is one event you don’t want to miss!
- Donuts. With 23.25 doughnut shops per 100,000 people, Providence, RI does not skimp on the sweet stuff. Knead Doughnuts and PVDonuts are just a couple of the dozens of shops around the city. Donut just stop at one, treat yourself and try them all!
- Providence Place Mall. The Providence Place Mall is perfect for a fun day with friends. With over 140 stores, you can shop ‘til you drop. Grab a bite to eat at The Cheesecake Factory or the food court and enjoy games and fun at Dave and Busters! You can even catch the latest movie releases at the Providence Place Cinemas.
- Dunkin Donuts Center. Head to the Dunkin Donuts Center where you can cheer on our partner, the Providence Bruins, at a hockey game or jam out at a concert. At the Dunkin Donuts Center, you’ll be sure to have a night full of fun entertainment.
Plan your fun trip to Providence, RI, today! Looking for fun closer to campus? Learn more about the local community.