December 21 marks the first day of winter, the winter solstice, which is the shortest day of the year. Looking to kick the winter blues? Here are five fun things to do this winter.
- La Salette Festival of Lights – Get in the holiday spirit and visit the La Salette Christmas Festival of Lights. Located in Attleboro, MA, this festival features over 300,000 lights spread across the large property. There is also a snack bar, which of course offers hot chocolate. The display runs through January 5.
- Winter Wonderland, Southwick’s Zoo – Southwick’s Zoo is once again running their Winter Wonderland event, featuring a train ride through the park, light displays, an acrobat performance and holiday-themed fun! Don’t forget to bring a non-perishable food item to receive $5 off admission!
- First Night Boston – Ring in the new year in downtown Boston at First Night 2020. This event features musical performances, fireworks, ice sculptures and more. You can also go ice skating on the Frog Pond or stop by at 6 p.m. to watch the Frog Pond Skating Spectacular. Don’t miss the ball drop at midnight!
- Winter Skate at Patriot Place – Looking to ice skate nearby? Patriot Place offers Winter Skate during both day and evening hours. The rink is located outside the Patriots ProShop. Make a night of it and grab dinner afterwards!
- Ice Castles – Embrace the cold and take a weekend adventure to New Hampshire to explore the Ice Castles. This annual display features multiple ice palaces to stroll through, which contain LED-lit sculptures, frozen thrones, ice tunnels, slides, fountains and more!
For more local winter adventures, visit our Local Community page.