Dean College is pleased to announce the students who have been named members of Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society this semester. Founded in 1923 at the University of Illinois, Phi Eta Sigma is the nation's oldest and largest honor society for first-year college and university students in all disciplines. Phi Eta Sigma was founded to encourage and reward high scholastic achievement among first year students. Since its founding, Phi Eta Sigma chapters have been chartered on 378 campuses across the United States and more than 1,100,000 scholars have been inducted into Phi Eta Sigma. The Dean College chapter of Phi Eta Sigma was chartered in Spring 2020.
Phi Eta Sigma Eligibility
To be eligible for membership in Phi Eta Sigma, a student must:
- Be a full-time student at Dean College.
- Be registered in only a bachelor degree program at time of selection.
- Achieve a 3.5 cumulative GPA during their first semester.
- Have completed at least 12 credits toward the bachelor’s degree.
- Earn no grades of “RW,” “RP,” “RF,” “WF” or “I” in the semester immediately prior to selection.
- Be a first-year student at the time of selection.
- Complete at least 75% of attempted credits in the semester immediately prior to the semester in which the student is being considered for nomination to PES.
- Have midsemester grades that are comparable to the cumulative GPA criteria in the semester in which the student is being considered for nomination into PTK.
- Have a college judicial record free of suspension or probation or other judicial or academic disciplinary action.
Spring 2020 Members
- Shelby Smith
- Mary Kuhn
- Destiny Edwards
- Madisyn Duggan
- Bridget McDonough
- John Murphy
- Elif Erkli
- Lauren Pereira
- Tatiana Gaudet
- Nicole Willard
- Marah Jette
- Megan McGlashing
- Brianna Zariczny