About the Sports Broadcasting Pre-College Program
The Sports Broadcasting Pre-College Program at Dean College provides an amazing opportunity for hands-on and classroom instruction in multiple areas including sports radio, television and play-by-play broadcasts. Upon conclusion of the program, students will have completed the following:
- 3 college credit hours
- Television demo
- Sports radio broadcast
- Play-by-play of a regular season professional baseball or soccer game.
2019 Program Highlights
Below is a video from ABC6 WLNE-TV featuring students from the 2019 Dean College Sports Broadcasting Pre-College Program.
For more information, call 508-541-1624 or request more information.
Learn more about our Pre-College Summer Programs by joining us for an information session!
Information Session #1
*Please note: our 4/14 information session has been moved online to a Live Virtual Information Session*
- Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- To tune into the information session, visit: https://zoom.us/j/4820247884
- One tap mobile: +16465588656, 4820247884# US
- Time: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Information Session #2
*Please note: our 5/6 information session has been moved online to a Live Virtual Information Session*
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Check back for a link to tune into the live virtual information session!
- Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
July 27 - August 7, 2020
Instructed by John Rooke, Director of The Center for Business, Entertainment and Sport Management and the voice of the New England Patriots, New England Revolution and Providence College men's basketball. The course will include:
- Site visits and behind the scenes access to:
- New England Patriots
- Gillette Stadium
- McCoy Stadium
- In-stadium play-by-play of a regular season professional baseball or soccer game
- Your own television demo reel
- Conduct live radio broadcast on Power 88.3 FM
- Guest lectures from industry professionals
- Earn college credit for successful completion of course
Housing and Activities
Housing provided by Dean College with night and weekend activities included with your room and board, such as:
- Patriot Training Camp (Schedule permitting)
- Pawtucket Red Sox game (Schedule permitting)
- New England Revolution game (Schedule permitting)
- Miniature golf
- Patriot Place
- Free-time on-campus with options including:
- Flat screen television
- Movie nights
- Workout at Kokes ’64 Fitness Center
- Pickup basketball or soccer games
- All you can eat ice cream
Pricing for the Sports Broadcasting program:
- $1,950 Overnight*
- $1,250 Day-Only* (Includes lunch and travel with activity fee)
*Additional activity fee not included in this price.