The 18-credit Business certificate program within the School of Continuing Studies at Dean College will provide you with a business foundation and help you acquire the knowledge and skills you need to become a successful leader.
Business Certificate Program Overview
The Business certificate program at Dean College provides you with a business foundation, including an overview of business theories in management, marketing and accounting. You will acquire the knowledge and skills to pursue career opportunities in entry-level positions or advance in their current careers. The flexibility of this certificate program makes it attractive to working professionals. Certificate courses are offered in a variety of formats, including online, accelerated and traditional semester tracks.
Request more information about the certificate in Business.
Below you will find a table of course numbers, course names and the credits required to earn a certificate in business.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Required|
|BUS 123||Foundations of Business||3|
|ACCT 103||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 200||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 230||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS 235||Principles of Marketing||3|
|ACCT or BUS||Accounting or Business Elective||3|
View the School of Continuing Studies Academic Catalog for more program information and requirements.
Business Certificate Program Curriculum Overview
The Business certificate program introduces students to foundations of the business environment to help them understand basic concepts for how businesses function in our society. Additional courses allow students to build upon competencies in areas of business such as accounting, organizational structure, management styles, management functions, financial management and labor relations.
The Business certificate program is designed to provide a solid foundation in core subjects such as:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Foundations of Business
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Master business and financial concepts, apply quantitative statistics tools and learn methods for effective decision-making.
- Analyze the principles and ethical issues related to individual and group dynamics in managing organizations.
- Become well-versed in a variety of business functions – planning, organizing, leading, staffing and controlling the organization.
- A broad business foundation for a well-rounded and multi-faceted education.
- A holistic approach that utilizes case studies, traditional and real-world learning to keep up with trends and remain current with today’s fast-moving world.
- The opportunity to interact with business leaders through cutting-edge partnerships through in-class and out of class experiences second to none through the Dean Leadership Institute.