Ready to take your first steps? Launch your career as a child care provider or teacher with the Early Childhood Education certificate at Dean College. This 12-credit program fulfills the requirements for qualification from the Massachusetts Office for Childcare Services/Department of Early Education and Care.
Early Childhood Education Certificate Overview
Whether you plan on becoming a day care provider or an educator, the Early Childhood Education certificate program from Dean College will give you a solid foundation for growth. This 12-credit certificate program, combined with independent fieldwork, fulfills the requirements for qualification from the Massachusetts Office for Childcare Services/Department of Early Education and Care.
Request More Information
Request more information about the certificate in Early Childhood Education.
Below you will find a table of course numbers, course names and the credits required to earn a certificate in Early Childhood Education.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Required|
|EDU 251||Child Growth and Development||3|
|EDU Electives||Early Childhood Education Electives||9|
View the School of Continuing Studies Academic Catalog for more program information and requirements.
Early Childhood Education Certificate Program Curriculum Overview
The Early Childhood Education certificate program at Dean College is designed to provide students the perfect balance between practical and theoretical learning to prepare graduates for a career as a child care provider or for transfer to a baccalaureate program in education studies.
Through the course of study, students will be provided an opportunity to learn how to:
- Objectively observe children's behavior and accurately record observations
- Clearly articulate the connections between child development theory and observed behavior
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of child development and be able to consistently apply this to their interactions with young children within the classroom
- Set up and adapt educational environments addressing diversity of children to meet their social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs
- Plan, implement then adapt developmental and active learning experiences, addressing diversity of children
- Develop collaborative relationships with families of children, essentially linking home and school
- A broad business foundation for a well-rounded and multi-faceted education.
- A holistic approach that utilizes case studies, traditional and real-world learning to keep up with trends and remain current with the today’s fast-moving world.
- The opportunity to interact with business leaders through cutting-edge partnerships and in-class and out of class experiences second to none.