Homeschool Student Application Process
Homeschool students are encouraged to visit campus and meet with an Admissions Counselor to discuss their curriculum and experiences through their high school years.
Ready to Apply
Please follow these easy steps to complete your application for admission.
- Visit the our Dean College Application Page for all the details.
- For The Common Application, if you have already created an account, simply add us to your list. For the Dean College application, click on the appropriate online application for you (i.e. freshman or transfer).
After you have submitted your application your credentials (transcripts, test scores — not required, recommendations — optional) can be submitted online through your guidance office, by email to email@example.com, by fax to 508-541-8726 or by mail to the Office of Admission, 99 Main Street, Franklin, MA 02038.
In addition to your application for admission please review and submit the following:
- A High School Transcript consisting of a complete list of high school level or college courses with applicable grades or assessments, along with a brief overview of your homeschool curriculum. NOTE: If college courses were completed, submit an official transcript from the college attended to be evaluated for college credit toward your degree at Dean College.
- Documentation from your local school district approving your homeschool curriculum, or official notification that you meet your school district's homeschool policy. This usually comes from your local school superintendent's office. (Students who have completed their high school requirements must provide a high school diploma or equivalent documenting graduation requirements were completed.)
- SAT/ACT Test Scores (Not-Required) - Submitted scores are only considered if they benefit the applicant in the admission process, and scores never negatively affect a student's application or scholarship consideration.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Optional) - A letter is optional, but it is a great way to learn more about you. If you are submitting a recommendation a letter from your college counselor or from a teacher who has taught you in an academic subject is most helpful.
- Personal Statement or Essay (Optional) - Both applications include the opportunity for a brief personal statement (essay) but you are welcome to submit it as a separate document. A writing sample on a topic of your choice can help us learn more about your background and goals.
- College Transcript (if applicable)
During the review process, our counselors consider your potential as part of the Dean community. Optional materials like your essay, letters of recommendation, and test scores add to our understanding of who you are. These materials are not required, but they do give us more information to consider your fit at Dean College.
*The admissions office reserves the right to request additional information to assist with your application review.*
Program Specific Requirements
- Dance and Theatre Applicants - Candidates for Dance or Theatre are required to audition and submit a photo and performance resume.
- Arch Program Applicants - Candidates for the Arch Program can find additional requirements, including details on scheduling an interview for the program, here.
Students who have previously applied to Dean College, but did not enroll, should not reapply. Please complete our Reactivation Form. After receipt, the admissions staff will contact you regarding specific application requirements.
Students who were previously enrolled at Dean College and are looking to re-enroll, should not reapply. Please contact the Registrar's Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for admission should have completed the following high school courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Math
- 3 years of Science
- 3 years of Social Science
- November 1: Early Action Priority Deadline (Non-Binding and Receive Decision Mid-December)
- December 1: Early Action Deadline (Non-Binding and Receive Decision Mid-January)
- March 15: Priority Admissions Deadline
Rolling admissions after March 15
- December 1: Priority admissions deadline
Rolling admissions after December 1
Dean College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College. Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, nation and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other College-administered programs.
Dean College is committed to providing a high quality education at an affordable value. To be considered for maximum financial aid opportunities, students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Do you have questions regarding the application process? The Dean College admissions team is here to help! Contact us using the information below.