Here for you every step of the way.
Success and Career Advisors
At Dean, individual attention and customized learning matters deeply. No one should go at it alone, and that's why a personal Success & Career Advisor is always available to each student. Unlike many other schools whose advisors are also faculty members, Dean College has dedicated full-time Success & Career Advisors.
Our Success & Career Advisors believe in their students, develop a relationship beginning in the students' first days on campus, and stay with them for the duration of their time at Dean. Their goal is to turn academic potential into achievement.
What We Do
Success & Career Advisors regularly meet with students one-on-one to:
- Provide support in their transition to college and act as their go-to point-person during their time at Dean
- Select a major and map out a class schedule
- Promote academic, personal and career success through monitoring, engagement, and helping students develop connections with their school, major and peers
- Provide resume review, mock interviewing, career plan, career search, career guidance and explore career goals and internship opportunities
- Researching transfer or graduate school opportunities upon graduation
Throughout each semester the Dean Career Advantage is embedded into the curriculum. Students are exposed to networking, etiquette, resume building, mock interviews and job hunting based on their individualized career plan. They develop skills such as work ethic, professionalism, communication skills and time management, allowing them to acclimate successfully into the professional workplace. Every student graduates with solid preparation for Life after Dean.
Undecided Students MAP Program
Our MAP program helps students who have entered college as undecided, gather enough knowledge through self-assessments, in-class activities, workshops, faculty and staff mentoring, speakers and campus events to decide on a major fit for their career path.
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the Student Success and Career Planning Team at Dean College.