Get to know Dean College by the numbers
Dean At A Glance
Dean College is a private, residential, not-for-profit institution that is fully accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Learn more about Dean College by browsing through the drop down menu below.
Dean College students are talented, hard-working and driven.
- Close to 1,200 full-time students
- 131 part-time students
- 51% of Dean students are from outside Massachusetts
- 13 countries and 39 states represented
- 5% of Dean students are International
- 91% of Dean students are enrolled in bachelor's degree programs
- 9% of Dean students are enrolled in associate degree programs
- 88% of Dean students live on campus
Dean College is fully accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Average class size: 18
- 18:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 95% of students receive some form of financial assistance
- Merit-based aid awarded by Dean College to students: $25 million
- 98% of our associate degree students are accepted as transfer students in their bachelor’s degree program of choice
- 96% of our bachelor’s degree recipients are employed or enrolled in graduate school
- 100% of our bachelor’s degree students participate in at least one internship before graduation
- 95% of our bachelor’s degree recipients completed their program in four years
Financial viability is an important consideration when selecting a college. At Dean College, our fiscal strength and careful approach has helped the college thrive and continually grow.
Financial highlights include:
- Over $50M endowment
- Financial surplus 11 consecutive and 20 of the past 21 years
- Dean consistently scores at the very top end of the Department of Education’s Financial Responsibility Composite Score.
- Dean College is currently enjoying our highest enrollment in school history
- Over $60M in campus improvements over the past 10 years, including:
- Dorothy and Glendon Horne '31 Hall
- Green Family Library Learning Commons
- Morton Family Learning Center
- Athletic field updates (press box, scoreboards, dugouts)
- Grant Field renovation
- Rooney Shaw Center for Innovation in Teaching
We are here to inspire and educate our students to achieve unimagined heights.
The Dean Difference isn't one thing, it's everything. It's the way our community cares for and commits to each other. It's how we meet our students where they are, inspire them and tirelessly work to support and help them achieve unimagined heights.
Dean College continues to be honored with a growing number of awards at the National, state and local levels.
Best Regional Colleges - North
Dean College ranked 34th in the 2021 U.S. News & World Report for Best Regional Colleges - North category. This is the tenth consecutive year that Dean College has received the Best College honor.
Best Undergraduate Teaching Programs
Dean College ranked 6th in the 2021 U.S. News & World Report for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the Best Regional Colleges - North category.
College of Distinction
Dean College earned National recognition in 2020-21 as a College of Distinction based on four distinctions - engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community and successful outcomes. This is the fifth consecutive year that Dean College has received this honor. Additionally, the College earned recognition in the following categories, Massachusetts Colleges of Distinction, Business Colleges of Distinction (fourth consecutive year) and Career Development Colleges of Distinction (second consecutive year).