Pursue an Associate degree in General Studies
In this self-designed program, students create individualized plans of instruction with courses from different academic disciplines.
Request more information about the Associate Degree in General Studies.
Below you will find a table of course numbers, course names and the credits required to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Required||Total Credits|
|ENG 111||Composition I||3|
|ENG 112||Composition II||3|
|SPC 101||Communication Fundamentals||3|
|Core Distribution||Mathematics Elective||3|
|Core Distribution||Lab Science Elective||4|
|Core Distribution||Arts Elective||3|
|Core Distribution||Humanities Elective||3|
|Core Distribution||Natural Sciences and Mathematics Elective||3|
|Core Distribution||Social Sciences Elective||3|
|Focused Electives||Liberal Arts Elective List, from one major offered through SCS, EDU 103 plus 3 courses (9 cr) from ONE of the following teaching areas: English, history, math, science||12|
|Foundational Electives||Liberal Arts Elective List||9|
|Elective (choose 3 at 3 credits each)||3|
View the School of Continuing Studies Academic Catalog for more program information and requirements.
We recognize, there is no one way to a great education so we offer three as part of this program.
- Liberal arts for students eager to explore a variety of fields
- A focused major for those wanting to concentrate on one discipline without committing to a major
- Education teaching option for future teachers
Whatever option you choose, you will meet general education requirements at most four-year schools.
As an Associate graduate in General Studies, numerous opportunities await. You will have the option of remaining at Dean to pursue a four-year program in a newfound area of interest. Or, you could choose to transfer. Whatever your route, you can move forward confident that the broad-based pool of knowledge you have earned will serve you well in the future.
- Small classes led by Dean professors who are professionals in their field.
- Practical experience woven through the entire curriculum.
- A holistic approach that utilizes case studies, traditional and real-world learning to keep up with trends and remain current with the today’s fast-moving world.