Unsure about what major to choose? You aren't alone.
Choosing Your Major
An estimated 50% of students enter college as undecided. At Dean, we've created a program to help students just like you explore majors in a holistic, dynamic and purposeful manner.
Our MAP program is a learning community designed to encourage undecided students to learn more about themselves and their goals and ultimately how to become lifelong learners. Through the use of self-assessments, in-class activities, workshops, faculty and staff mentoring, speakers and campus events, the program provides students with the tools necessary to select a major that best aligns who they are and who they want to be.
Your Journey Starts Here
- Enroll in a major/career exploration course
- Complete personal assessments and inventories to examine your strengths and interests
- Experience holistic advising with the Success & Career Advisor for undecided students
- Explore courses that interest you during your first and second semesters
- Attend weekly seminars on major and career exploration
- Think about study away and internship opportunities