At Dean College, our student's safety is always our number one concern.
A student may be in crisis if he or she is exhibiting any of the following:
- Suicidal behavior, attempts and/or explicit statements
- Extreme anxiety resulting in panic reactions
- Severe obsessive thinking
- Inability to communicate (garbled or slurred speech, disjointed thoughts)
- Confusion, disorientation, hallucinations or delusions
- Highly disruptive behavior (hostility, aggression, violence)
Also be aware of the potential for violence, particularly if you notice:
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Homicidal threats (written or verbal) or attempted assault
- Paranoia, agitation, hostility, aggression
- Recent acts of violence or property damage
- Destruction of property or other criminal acts
If you believe a student may be in imminent danger, a harm to self or others, call Campus Safety at 508-541-1888 or 911. Or, call Counseling Services at 508-541-1838 for help in assessing the situation.