Looking for a good return on investment? The 18-credit Accounting certificate program within the School of Continuing Studies at Dean College will sharpen your skills for a well-rounded business career and help you advance in the world of finance.
Certificate in Accounting
The Accounting certificate program at Dean College provides the knowledge and skills to pursue entry-level positions in accounting or advance in your current job. This 18-credit certificate program will sharpen your skills for a well-rounded business career or to advance in the world of finance.
Request More Information
Request more information about the Accounting certificate program.
Below you will find a table of course numbers, course names and the credits required to earn a certificate in Accounting.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Required|
|ACCT 103||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 200||Managerial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 201||Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 202||Intermediate Accounting II||3|
View the School of Continuing Studies Academic Catalog for more program information and requirements.
Account Certificate Program Curriculum Overview
Students are introduced to the accounting environment and basic concepts of the accounting model. Additional courses build upon that knowledge and help develop competencies specific to the managerial applications of accounting information and development of analytical and quantitative skills necessary in making sound business decisions.
The Accounting certificate program is designed to provide a solid foundation in core subjects such as:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Microcomputer Applications
By completing the Accounting certificate program at Dean, students will have the opportunity to pursue positions in the accounting field or advance in their current employment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than two million jobs are held in this field and growth is expected to continue.
- A broad business foundation for a well-rounded and multi-faceted education.
- A holistic approach that utilizes case studies, traditional and real-world learning to keep up with trends and remain current with the today’s fast-moving world.
- The opportunity to interact with business leaders through cutting-edge partnerships such as Kraft Sports Entertainment and Patriot Place through in-class and out of class experiences second to none, including the Dean Leadership Institute.