The Joan Phelps Palladino School of Dance at Dean College provides rigorous, well-rounded technical training within a purposeful liberal arts curriculum.
Raising the Barre
For more than 50 years, Dean has been a nationally recognized educational center for dance and the only college in New England that offers both bachelor's and associate degrees in dance.
For those pursuing focused studies in dance performance, teaching, choreography, studio management and other allied fields, our bachelor of arts in dance and our bachelor of fine arts in dance programs are an ideal blend of the academic study and training needed to prepare students for success, both on and off the stage. Some of our students elect to first pursue an associate degree in dance, which prepares them for transition into Dean's bachelor of arts in dance degree program or into another four-year program.
In the News
Below are recent news stories featuring talented faculty and staff members, as well as students, from the Joan Phelps Palladino School of Dance.
- Dean College Students Participate in Banner Ceremony at the New England Patriots Home Opener
- Here's What Happened When Dean College Brought an Athletic Trainer into Technique Classes
- Why Choreography Should Be More Than An Elective, According to Dean College Faculty Members
- Making History: A Dean College Student's Journey to Becoming a New England Patriots Cheerleader
- Dean College partners with Jacob's Pillow. The partnership program supports dance as a means of research, discourse, and artistic expression for faculty, artists, scholars and students.
Combine your dance studies with Spanish-language immersion and a unique travel experience. Through our partnership with DanceAbroad Argentina, you can spend a semester in Buenos Aires, earning college credit and immersing yourself in another culture.
of bachelor degree students graduate with performance experiences.
years Dean has been a nationally recognized educational center for dance.
of students receive training for successful careers on or off the stage.