Dean Career Advantage
Discover your passion and get ready to launch a successful career with the support of Dean Career Advantage.
What is Dean Career Advantage?
Dean Career Advantage (DCA) is a holistic approach that incorporates career preparation into everything you do, starting from your first day on campus through graduation and beyond. Through academic and DCA-specific courses, co-curricular opportunities and the support of mentors and advisors, you’ll gain valuable real-world experience, learn how to stand out in a competitive job and graduate school market, and build essential skills that employers are looking for, including communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, teamwork, leadership, work ethic, and global and intercultural fluency. In an ever-changing job market, DCA will ensure that you feel ready to enter the professional field, from your first job throughout your entire career.
Outcomes By The Numbers
Bachelor’s degree students complete at least one internship before graduation
Bachelor’s degree students working or enrolled in a graduate degree program
Employers each year visit Dean to recruit for internships, jobs and graduate school
Career Preparation From Day OneBetween academics, co-curricular opportunities, and mentoring and advising, everything at Dean works together to help you develop your career mindset and prepare for the future.
Academics Every course has a practical application.
Co-Curricular Opportunities Career preparation goes beyond the classroom.
Mentoring & Advising We’ll help you get from where you are to where you want to go.
Career & Educational ExcellenceDean College offers educational programs and unique opportunities to help you prepare for internships, careers and graduate school.
- Earned national recognition as a Career Development College of Distinction in 2022-23 for the fourth consecutive year
- Ranked #2 in Best Undergraduate Teaching in the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Regional Colleges, North category
- Dean Leadership Institute provides numerous opportunities to learn from and network with regional and national business leaders through the Executive Lecture Series, Leadership in Action series and additional events and programs.
- Network with industry leaders, gain exclusive learning opportunities and pursue internships through The Center for Business, Entertainment and Sport Management.
- Pursue an advanced degree after Dean through one of our master degree affiliation programs.
Sports Broadcasting Students Land Play-by-Play Jobs for Providence Bruins
Bulldogs Understand the Importance of Learning and Development
Student-Athlete Prepares for Career in Sports with the New England Revolution
Rethinking the Faculty Role in Students' Career Readiness
Dean College Students Land Summer Internships
Dean College Named a 2022-2023 College of Distinction
Summer Internships Prepare Students for Careers in Sports
Bringing Their Studies to Life: Dean College Students Land Summer Internships
Students’ Career Readiness Takes Off With New Approach
Sports Broadcasting Student Gains Invaluable Career Experience at Dean
Alumni Spotlight: Cameron Ward ’21 Gets Into Character