Throughout your time at Dean you will have numerous opportunities to interact with today's business leaders through the Dean Leadership Institute.
About Dean Leadership Institute
Offering a unique opportunity for students, alumni and the local community to interact with today's leaders, the Dean Leadership Institute is composed of two programs: the Executive Lecture Series and Leadership in Action Series.
Executive Lecture Series
Featuring an unprecedented list of national business leaders including four ranked in the Boston Business Journal's 2012 'Power 50' list of Boston-area influencers, this is the signature event for the Dean Leadership Institute. The event includes a dinner with students and sponsors and culminates with an evening lecture to the general public, business and community leaders.
- 2019 - Brigadier General Donald C. Bolduc '86 | US Army, Retired
- 2018 - Michael Spillane, President, Nike
- 2017 - Angela McKay, Director, Microsoft
- 2016 - Jonathan Kraft, President, The Kraft Group
- 2015 - Jerry Sargent, President, Citizens Bank, Massachusetts
- 2014 - Bianca de la Garza, Newscaster, WCVB Channel 5
- 2013 - Bert Jacobs, Chief Executive Optimist, Life is good
- 2012 - Robert K. Kraft, Founder/Chairman and CEO, The Kraft Group
- 2011 - John Remondi, President and CEO, Sallie Mae
- 2010 - James Roosevelt, Jr., President and CEO, Tufts Health Plan
- 2009 - Ralph de la Torre, M.D., President and CEO, Caritas Christi Health Care
- 2008 - Anne M. Finucane, Chief Marketing Officer, Bank of America
- 2007 - William D. Green '74, Chairman and CEO, Accenture
- 2006 - Alan J. Bernon, President and CEO, Dean Foods Company
Featuring multiple presentations throughout each semester, this highly successful series offers Dean College students an exclusive opportunity to hear and interact with regional business leaders to learn more about what made them successful and gain valuable insights and contacts to help them launch their own careers.
2020 Spring Semester Speakers
- Brian Beneduce, Author
- Tuesday, February 4 at 4:30 p.m. in the Atrium, Dean College Campus Center
- Alyce Pagliarini, Senior Manager, Global Security Awareness for CVS Health, and Lt. Colonel, Rhode Island Air National Guard
- Thursday, March 5
- Rep. Jeffrey N. Roy, State Representative, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Tuesday, April 7
*Please Note: All presentations listed above will take place at 8:00 AM (unless indicated otherwise) in the Wasserstrom Room of the Dining Center.
2019 Fall Semester Speakers
- Jen (Carr) Cote ’08, Dance Teacher
- Thomas Paolino ’11/ ’16, Senator, Rhode Island Senate
The Dean Leadership Institute hosted a free E-Commerce Conference on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 featuring keynote speaker Jules Pieri, co-founder and CEO of The Grommet. The event featured a panel of powerful women in the digital industry, including Bridget Scott, director of digital experience at SharkNinja, and Amie Hansen, vice president of digital at The Rockport Company.
For more information, including sponsorship opportunities, please contact our Department of Institutional Advancement at 508-541-1664.