Important Information for students regarding management of COVID-19 and infectious diseases at Dean College.
Dean College continues to update management policies for COVID-19 in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in conjunction with other Colleges and Universities in our community. These guidelines are made in consultation with medical professionals from the Health Services Department team including physician, advanced practice nursing and management staff. Below are the guidelines and recommendations.
Learn more about our COVID-19 Medical Information and Management Plan.
The COVID-19 Vaccine, including the booster, is highly recommend but not required.
Dean College recommends student be prepared by doing the following:
- Come with rapid tests for Covid-19
- Bring masks, including KN95 masks
- Bring cleaning supplies like bleach wipes to wipe down high touch areas in your living areas
- Bring a health kit which includes a thermometer, over the counter medications for pain/fever, cough/congestion, sore throat, etc.
- Stay up to date with your Covid-19 vaccines
- Have a plan in place for where you will isolate should you become infected with Covid-19
Students Who Test Positive For COVID-19
For students who test positive for Covid-19, Dean College will advise students to do the following:
- Contact Health Services for advisement and to determine the need for any medical care
- Isolate for at least 5 days from onset of symptoms or positive test date. Recommendation is for student to complete isolation at home.
- Wear a mask for a total of 10 days from onset of symptoms or positive test date
Quarantine and Isolation Housing
It is highly recommended that students have a plan in place for what to do should they become infected with Covid-19.. If the student lives within driving distance, the expectation is that they will return home to complete the isolate period. If a student is unable to return home, they will be required to isolate in their dorm room. Dean College does not have isolation or quarantine housing on campus.
Roommates of those students infected with Covid-19 will also not have access to isolation or quarantine housing. Students will be advised to follow precautions needed for an exposure to Covid-19 including mask wearing, cleaning surfaces and monitoring for symptoms (see below).
Students Exposed to COVID-19
For students who have an exposure to Covid-19, Dean College will advise students to do the following:
- Wear a mask for 10 days while watching closely for any symptoms of Covid-19
- Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell. Review the full list of symptoms on the CDC website.
- Social distance as able
- Test if symptoms develop. Testing can be completed through:
- Health Services
- Local care centers (CVS Minute Clinic, Franklin Urgent Care etc.)
- Rapid tests for Covid-19 purchased independently
Infectious Disease Information
For more information regarding infectious disease management, please view the below educational fact sheets.