Providing technical assistance to students, faculty and staff
The Technology Service Center (TSC) is open for student assistance throughout the year. No appointments necessary. TSC is available to answer your technology questions and help you with:
- Accessing the College WiFi
- College email
- Internal website: Today@Dean
- Computer virus protection
- Use of College lab computers and printers
- Residence hall cable television service
All Dean College Students are required to arrive at the College with their own laptop computer and a personal printer. The make and model of the computer you choose is a matter of personal choice, provided that it meets the minimum hardware and software specification. Only laptops with the following minimum specification are supported on the Dean College network and by the Technology Service Center (TSC).
Minimum requirements for Windows laptop computer
- Windows 7
- 802.11n or 802.11g compliant WiFi adapter
- CD/DVD drive
- NOTE: the TSC does not support computers running Windows XP
Minimum requirements for Macintosh computers
- Mac OSX Mountain Lion
- 802.11n or 802.11g compliant Wi-Fi adapter
- NOTE: The TSC does not support computers running OSX Lion 10.7s.
Additional Recommended Accessories
- USB Flash drive 2GB or greater
- Multi-year service plan with laptop manufacturer
- Surge protector
- Kensington Laptop Lock
- Personal Printers: All students are expected to have a personal printer, for use in your residence hall, to print class assignments. Wireless printers are not permitted as they can interfere with College WiFi services. Your printer must be connected to your laptop through a USB (or other) cable.
Dean provides students with a copy of Microsoft Office for Windows or Mac. The Microsoft Office software is licensed, by Microsoft, for use while enrolled in full-time education at Dean College and after successful graduation.