Parking Accommodations at Dean College
Parking permit applications will close on March 31st, 2023. Applications submitted after March 31 may be placed on a parking waitlist, dependent on overall student campus parking availability. Students that do not receive a parking spot via the parking lottery or the waitlist will not be permitted to bring a vehicle to campus.
FACTORS CONSIDERED FOR ACCOMMODATION REVIEW PROCESS
Parking accommodation request are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. The factors strongly taken into consideration included, but are not limited to:
- Physical/mobility needs of the student,
- The need to attend off campus medical appointments,
- Distance and frequency of medical appointments,
- Is there a space available to meet the student’s needs?
- Was the request submitted by the deadline?
- Is the student’s request determined as reasonable and his/her transportation needs cannot otherwise be supported by campus transportation? (i.e., GATRA GO, shuttle)
- Can the request be met in a reasonable manner otherwise?
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING PARKING ACCOMMODATIONS
Every request for a non-academic accommodation due to a disability is considered. Accommodations are granted to provide students with disabilities equal access to their educational program which cannot be achieved by another, more reasonable accommodation.
Procedures for Students
1. Complete the Accommodations and Services Intake form linked here.
- For students who already have other accommodations or are renewing accommodations: once you are logged in to Accommodate, you will see a list of options on the left-hand side of your screen. Click on “Accommodation” and then from that drop down, choose “Supplemental.”
2. Have a clinician working closely to your case fill out the Parking Practitioner Verification Form found here.
3. Meet with the Accessibility Services Coordinator to discuss your request after all forms have been submitted.
4. The Accessibility Services Coordinator will meet with the Accommodations Review Committee (ARC) and make a determination of whether the request is approved or denied. The ARC may be comprised of representative members from different campus offices if appropriate, such as representatives from Residence Life, Dining Services, Counseling Services, etc. The decision will be communicated to the student via their Dean email account.
Reviewing the Request
Upon receipt of all required documentation, the Accommodation Review Committee (ARC) will review the information, decisions will be (1) approved (2) denied or (3) or another reasonable accommodation may be suggested in lieu of the one requested.
The Accommodation Review Committee makes decisions on a case-by-case basis. If clarification is needed the Associate Director of Accessibility Services may request to a meeting and/or additional documentation to support the request.
Dean College recognizes students with temporary disabling conditions that are a result of injuries, surgery, or short-term medical conditions may need access to services and resources like individuals with permanent disabilities. Examples of temporary disabilities may include but are not limited to the following: broken limbs, hand injuries, concussion, or short-term impairments following surgery, or medical/mental health treatments.
The College recognizes at times there may be extenuating circumstance or unexpected life events which may require a student to have access to transportation. These requests will be determined on a case-by case basis. Additional documentation and/or communication with providers maybe required to prior to a decision.
Parking accommodation requests for the sole purpose of accessing treatment providers off campus generally do not qualify for approval.
If approved for Dean College Parking Sticker through Accessibility Services - the College will determine the parking lot that has available space and reasonably meets each student’s needs.
Duration of Accommodation
The duration for accessibility parking pass will be based review of documentation provided by a healthcare provider. If you require parking beyond the approved time frame, you will be asked to provide updated documentation.
All Parking accommodation requests must be requested and approved annually.
Campus Transportation Options
Dean College offers the GATRA GO UNITED shuttle service free to students. Students can also access Uber and Lyft in the Franklin area. Please see the Student Transportation information on Dean College website.